The Program Manager, Web will report to the Group Manager, Web / Experience Design. The Experience Design team focuses on driving efficiency in end to end website development, from design to development, while driving improvement in end-user experiences. In this role you will be responsible for managing, prioritizing and ensuring that all web development work happens seamlessly from start to finish, leveraged the capabilities of web platforms for our portfolio of brands, and that this work happens with measurable cost and speed to market savings. You will also be working closely with other stakeholders in the web and the broader digital marketing teams to manage these projects end to end, including a front and back end developer, a content author, QA, business PMs, a development team, a UX lead and the group manager to lead digital transformation with web.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design & deliver efficient and effective websites across the portfolio of 25+ brands. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, optimizing, and operationalizing end to end web execution process
• Review and prioritize website work requests and lead cross-functional development from design through delivery
• Work with internal teams (IMTs), internal and external web production teams and the rest of the web team to deliver websites that meet business objectives and are delivered with solid UX best practices within budget and in a timely manner
• Develops and communicates project plans and status within iM and iMTs
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to help deliver against the roadmap and it’s strategic priorities
• Work with stakeholders to estimate work (time and budget) and effort to capacity plan, and allocate resources to best meet business needs
• Communicate regularly with senior management and relevant stakeholders on status, risks and prioritization
• Define Processes and drive people to deliver
• Lead, Drive, Problem Solve & Manage Key Initiatives Programs and Cross Functional Projects.
• Own complete planning and delivery of one or more very complex and high-risk projects in various stages of life.
• Use knowledge, creativity, and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
• Create novel and innovative processes, techniques, tools and management practices to push the state of the art in Program Management.
• Be a thought leader and expert practitioner of Program Management.
• Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Determine and pursue courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
• Act as prime consultant on large and crucial projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
• Interface with Sr. Management to provide and obtain information and build consensus regarding project direction.
• Track Cross Functional team progress toward milestones, using key performance metrics to objectively identify if the team is on track or not.
• Provide both high level and detailed project status and health presentations/dashboards.
COMMITMENT & COMPETENCIES:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- STRATEGIC AGILITY | Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses on activities that add the most value
- TECHNICAL & BUSINESS EXPERTISE | Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
- COMMUNICATION | Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- INSPIRING & INFLUENCING | Fosters an exchange of ideas and support; persuades and influences without authority
You are a person with the following qualifications and experience: unless stated as "preferred" or "a plus," all other criteria are required:
• Minimum of 6 years relevant previous work experience
• Digital project management experience, specifically websites and CMSs is a must.
• Strong technical background with the ability to define business requirements, communicate needs to development team and ensure technical build is completed to specifications.
• Experience using common web management tools (Jira, Trello, etc) to manage projects
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate project plans, prioritize work, drive internal and external teams and inspire business leaders so that they understand business implications
• Demonstrated experience managing technology platforms Adobe Experience Manager or equivalent (ideally AEM), processes or standards across a portfolio of brands.
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple web projects including launches, redesigns and maintenance requests.
• Experience managing external creative and production agencies/vendors
• Experience managing a design system and template/component CMS library in
• a multi-tenant setting
• Experience managing teams utilizing agile/iterative methodologies
• Demonstrated track record of defining the value proposition of standards and platforms required for user centric design and an ability to understand, approach and communicate value proposition from both a strategic and technical perspective to cross-functional audiences
• Fluency in User Experience and Content Strategy best practices, guidelines and standards preferred. Specific experience creating standards/processes to ensure efficiency and scalability a plus.
• Experience managing service delivery vendors ideally in the web platform space, such as AEM
• Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or other related industries a plus, but not required.
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment. Pharma experience preferable, but not mandatory.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
• Equivalent work experience