Our client, a startup creative agency within a global professional services organization and has built a team to compete with the best. This team services internal clients and produces flawlessly executed world-class work. They are seeking a Program Director to help (operationally) take them to the next level. This Program Director role is a contract to hire position, 40 hours a week onsite, health benefits and 401K are offered.
Microsoft Project experience is a must have for this Program Director role and the ideal candidate will have 7-10+ years experience with an integrated background. The Program Director will be the liaison between client teams, business operations, and the creative team and must be able to manage each team individually and collectively as a group. Their New York team's focus is on new business offerings to the world's most well-known brands. We are looking for a leader with presence, a voice, and the ability to lead with confidence and poise.
The Program Director will be expected to oversee a small but growing project management staff. There is a 3-month growth plan in place that will give you the tools to manage New York and their other North American offices and be a part of a quickly-growing, high-performing team. The Program Director will be required to hit the ground running day one. The Program Director (Delivery Lead) will be somebody who has experience trouble shooting delivery issues in a small agency setting, preferably as it relates to scaling a reasonably new team. The Program Director will need to able to quickly assess delivery performance and financials to make recommendations for improvement potentially in the first 3 weeks of the hire date. They will need to quantify assumptions and lead the change in implementing new processes. This role is for someone who is hands on, entrepreneurial and wants to be part of something they can put their mark on. This is NOT a role for someone who wants to use this as a learning or growth experience. Specially, the client is looking for someone that can establish rigor around their processes and support their current growth strategy. The Program Director will need to be able to create models and metrics that can be used to generate insights to create and execute against a plan. The Program Director must be able to show for example, if they are currently running 4-5 engagements per month; and they want to grow that to 8-10 engagements; what resources will the Program Director need, how should they be organized, etc.
The Program Director should be able to speak to the following points:
- Experience overseeing and troubleshooting delivery issues in a small agency setting, especially as it relates to scaling a reasonably new team
- Experience assessing delivery performance and financials, quantifying recommendations for improvement, and leading the change in implementing them
- Desire to be hands on, entrepreneurial and part of something s/he can put his/her mark on – not a learning or growth experience
- Experience of scaling teams, while driving efficiency – please provide concrete numbers
- Recommendations for growth elaborating on tangible financial data points used to guide the decision
- What protocols or processes did you implement and create to reach growth goals (1-2 tangible examples)
- What were the results driven from the protocols and processes above
- If you are currently running 4-5 engagements per month; and you want to grow that to 8-10 engagements; what resources will you need in order to achieve that, how should they be organized, etc.