ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management– Role requires a highly experienced individual with a solid track record of successfully managing several strategic and diverse projects. May be assigned to manage multiple initiatives/activities concurrently
• Develop project plans that include deliverables, work breakdown structure, stakeholder list, roles and responsibilities, dependencies, detailed project plan and timelines to meet business objectives and comply with project standards.
• Lead project teams in project execution, ensuring compliance with established project management methodologies and standards.
• Establish and maintain formal controls to manage and monitor project budget, scope, quality and schedule to ensure projects are completed on time and effectively. Negotiate necessary project changes with project sponsor. Maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed.
• Develop communication plans. Provide timely, accurate communication of project plans and status to stakeholders.
• Perform risk management to ensure risks are identified, tracked and minimized.
• Ensure assigned projects are completed ‘right the first time,’ on time and within budget to achieve the business objectives as approved by the project sponsor.
• Work effectively with Information Technology and other business partners, suppliers and other teams to ensure successful completion of projects.
• Effectively lead cross-functional teams in completing strategic projects.
• Close out projects, capturing lessons learned during the project for input to improving future projects.
• Assist managers in establishing process controls in order to measure baseline and post-improvement performance to monitor success of improvement initiatives.
• Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Describe the project this resource will be working on:
The role is within the Customer Engagement Transformation (CET) Program Management Office (PMO) working to support the Customer Information System and Meter Data Management System replacement project. Generally, this is a “floater” PM role, working on efforts and tasks as they arise that require special attention or assistance. Responsibilities may include risk and issue tracking and management, decision tracking, project plan creation and maintenance (MS Project), project reporting (to sponsors and steering committee), and other tasks within this large program.
• Typically 8-10 years of project management experience , although 6-8 years is perfect for this role
• Thorough knowledge of project management science, methodologies and standards.
• Excellent clear, concise communication skills, both written and oral, and presentation skills.
• Excellent negotiation and persuasion
• Excellent listening skill, including the ability to draw information out and to see things from another’s perspective.
• Proven problem solving skills and the ability to facilitate and resolve problems, arrive at consensus of business need and viable solution; comprehensive knowledge of problem analysis.
• Excellent consulting skills.
• Strong human relations skills.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio.
• Working knowledge of Six-Sigma or similar methodologies.
• Typically a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Psychology or Computer Science.
• Prefers Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Top 3 Skills to be successful in this role:
- Project Management (controls, planning, scheduling, budgeting, etc)
- Familiarity/Fluidity with IT
- Vendor Management
• Standard Work Hours:
- M-F, hours negotiable as long as they include 9a-4p. The role is full time.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES