Our global client is seeking a Production Specialist to add to their growing team!
Primary responsibility will be to assist the Production Manager and Communications Leader in coordinating production of printed and digital materials for all divisions of the Kohler Co. This person will be a self-motivated individual capable of managing a demanding multi-project workload and seeing it through final fulfillment.
1. With general direction from the Communication Leader - Print Production, coordinate finished artwork for final production with external and internal sources.
2. Obtain quotes from outside vendors for final art services including prepress, cd replication, signage, digital and traditional printing.
3. Focus on Domestic and International printing building a network of global print suppliers.
4. Coordinate web and sheetfed printing globally. This includes web printed catalogs, trade inserts and also sheetfed projects.
4. Establish and maintain Kohler Corporate color standards for all divisions both domestically and internationally.
5. Work with Internal Printing department to oversee print projects, equipment specification, suggest improvements to Communication Leader – Print Production.
6. Work with internal and external graphic designers to plan for final art production and make sure their documents are complete and ready for final production.
7. Research and stay on the cutting edge of new technology and advances in print production and digital art preparation.
8. Complete all necessary paperwork to place an order with corporate Purchasing for external art and printing services.
9. Research new vendors and work with Corporate Purchasing to include in our supplier base.
10. Perform other duties as required by the Communications Leader – Print Production to assist in the operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Associate degree in Commercial Art or a minimum of five years experience in an advertising agency, corporate in-house production environment or printing firm as a CSR.
2. Must understand all aspects of graphic art production including prepress, printing and mailing coordination.
3. Must be a team player and work well with art and account services staffs.
4. Must be an exceptional communicator able to communicate our printing needs on an international scale.