Aquent Studios seeks the help of a detailed Production Specialist (PS) capable of producing error-free artwork and brand compliant release files, to support our client, a prestigious law firm in NY. This is a salaried contractor role working on-site, and includes competitive benefits like medical, dental, 401k, and paid time off. Work hours for this position are 12pm to 8pm M-F.
The Production Specialist will handle quick edits to Tier 4 projects, and will participate in many rapid rounds of revisions. These projects include print and digital communications like legal alerts, newsletters, event communications, corporate ads, internal communications and collateral. He or she will perform pre-flight on any files to be printed, either offset or digitally. Most of the deliverables will be in PDF form, with some print and digital. Production of HTML evites may be required. Ideally, our candidate will also have the technical know-how to create templates in PowerPoint that can be recycled across many projects.
The position calls for technical proficiency, accuracy and speed. The PS will be required to keep pristine track of all edits, design revisions, spacing, fonts, colors, and other details relating to content. This position may require staggered work hours to support last minute changes after hours.
- Develop a keen understanding of the client’s visual brand, style guides and communication types
- Prepare graphic files to print specifications/requirements for offset or digital printing as required
- Responsible for pre-flight of newly produced files as required
- Respond to quick turn requests with accuracy, juggling multiple tasks within changing priorities
- Follow all studio processes and standards including adhering to file naming and file structure conventions
- Manage proper archiving of finished files/assets
- 3+ years of production experience in a design studio, internal creative department, or agency. Corporate experience is desired.
- Proven skills in: Adobe CS6 including InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Thorough understanding of: Microsoft Office Suite including Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of print production and image rights
- Ability to handle rapid rounds of document revision
- Comfort with both PDF files and print deliverables
- Detail-oriented and technically proficient
- Experience with preflighting artwork
- HTML helpful but not required