Reporting to the Sr. Print Services Manager, this position is being updated to reflect its true function.
Previously called Print Buyer Manger, this individual will support internal marketing, creative and production teams on both print production and promotional materials. Planning and execution of materials including catalogs, circulars, direct mail, signs, collateral materials and PR promotional campaigns. This individual will also participate in research practices in new print technologies that will drive efficiency and reduce costs. Business units supported include; Retail, Contract (SNA, SBA) US Business Delivery, New Retail Channels and Internal Communications and Canada’s Business Depot. Expense responsibility is over $25M.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: %Time
1. Work within the Agency to execute the promotional plan for various print marketing materials. Partner with client services to obtain project specifics, marketing strategy and print requirements and develop project schedules and cost detail. Attend marketing strategy meetings to understand key marketing test plans and desired results. 50%
2. Interact with print and paper vendors. Coordinate schedules for all marketing and related promotional materials.. Manage project planning, estimates, updates, invoice approval and final project cost reconciliation’s 30%
3. Continually develop print and paper industry knowledge and stay up to date on environmental goals. Meet with internal clients and creative teams regularly to understand marketing objectives and direction to recommend efficient print processes. 20%
Bachelor's Degree and 6 to 8 years experience preferred.
Essential Skills Required: In order of importance, list skills or talents which a qualified incumbent should possess (e.g., computer literacy, subject knowledge, etc.).
1. 6-8 years of related print production experience. Knowledge in print processes; web offset, gravure, sheet fed offset and digital print on demand. Some skill in managing large production and printing vendors.
2. Experience in print planning, paper specing and purchasing practices in a corporate environment. Knowledge in negotiating print and paper programs with large print manufacturers and paper mills.
3. Must be a motivated, highly organized self-starter who works well under pressures and can respond to quick turnarounds. Must have the ability to handle several projects at once, be a creative thinker who can develop production solutions to fit multiple lists of marketing needs.
4. Must posses excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in Macintosh systems with focus on MS Word, Excel , Quark Xpress and InDesign. Analytical skills also required for budget tracking and reporting.
5. Some travel required and must be flexible during peak workload periods.
If existing job, indicate reasons for re-evaluation, including new responsibilities, changes in nature//level of reporting relationships, new technology, reorganization of department, etc. For both existing and new jobs, outline information to support your grade level recommendation.
This function covers many high profile marketing programs under very strict deadlines and with the largest print production manufacturers in the world. Interaction with many levels of management is required and there is large budget responsibility with spending controls of over $25M.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs