TITLE: Global Production Associate Manager
The Associate Production Manager actively participates as a member of a Global Production Team that is responsible for the execution and communication of a global development, sampling strategy and bulk execution for a category/subcategory within a department that supports Design’s vision and that meets or exceeds financial goals. He/She coordinates the activities of a production process, classification or key programs, depending on the scope and complexity. The Associate Production Manager might have Assistant Production Managers as his/her Direct Reports. He/She also works closely with peers in Design, Sourcing Offices, Merchandising, IM and other corporate support functions to execute the seasonal product strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Financial Management
• Execute Global Sourcing Strategy as related to a certain category/sub-category within a department to achieve financial targets.
• Review Forecast with Manager and Director to ensure sampling allocation is aligned.
• Adhere to AUC targets and raw material costing guidance sheet to ensure the category/sub category will achieve and/or exceed product cost and margin goals.
• Review costing strategy with Manager.
• Responsible for initial negotiation of prices and maintaining accurate ACT; works with Manager on costing negotiation.
• Understand and communicate department goals as relayed by Manager and Director.
• Ensure category/sub category AUC goals are met through raw material, sampling strategy, cost negotiation, and accurate land factors.
• Align with team to meet department aesthetic, quality, on-time delivery and financial goals.
• Influence business partners to minimize and to bring resolution to financial liabilities in collaboration with Design, Merchant and Production teams.
• Co-Manage Delivery, Cost and Unit reconciliation with Merchant.
• Assist Manager with Delivery Exception Report Process.
2. Production Management
• Partner with sourcing channels to manage development, bulk production and sourcing strategy; review exceptions with Manager to program level Time & Action calendar.
• Partner with Director for technical manufacturing expertise to resolve development and sourcing issues.
• Work with Manager on production approval process in collaboration with their design counter parts.
• Ensure product integrity by collaborating with R & D and Product Integrity teams; review raw material testing and performance exception reports with Manager to troubleshoot.
• Order all sample fabric, trims and styles for key milestone meetings by calendar deadlines.
• Adhere to all calendar deadlines and troubleshoot any missed deadlines with Manager.
• Influence design to develop within the agreed upon department development metrics; escalate to Manager for resolution.
• Monitor and ensure on-time delivery of development samples and bulk production by troubleshooting issues with team, sourcing channels, and logistics. Escalate any exceptions.
• Participate in weekly cross-functional status update with Design; maintain and contribute to weekly bi-coastal cross-functional conference calls.
• Minimize liabilities by developing solutions and presenting recommendations to Manager.
• Prepare, analyze and present seasonal mid sight report to Director/Sr. Director and VP of Production
3. People and Relationship Management
• Develop Assistant Production Manager (where applicable).
• Developing Direct reports through:
• Formal training
• Behavioral (feedback, modeling)
• On-The-Job training
• Utilization of tools
• Establish a development plan with Supervisor.
• Develop relationship with Mentors, Peers, and all Sourcing Channels.
Top 3-5 required skills- Fast learner, works well in fast paced environment, good team player, takes direction well.
Scope of the job: Outerwear
Type of background: Pre-production or production
Software skills: Outlook, Excel
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Production: Manufacturing and product engineering, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, calendar management, fabric and garment construction.
Minimum educational level: • 4 Year Bachelors Degree preferred
Minimum experience: • 2-4 Years Production experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
TITLE: Global Production Associate Manager