The Assistant Production Manager actively supports a Global Production Team that is responsible for the execution and communication of a global development and sampling strategy for a specific category or department that supports Design’s vision and that meets or exceeds financial goals and bulk execution. He/She coordinates the activities of a pre-production process, classification or key programs, depending on the scope and complexity. He/She assists in tracking bulk production, transmitting necessary information to overseas offices and working with cross-functional partners to execute product strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Financial Management
• Support Global Sourcing Strategy as related to a certain category/sub-category within a department to achieve financial targets.
• Responsible for maintaining costing in the system.
• Understand department goals as relayed by Manager and Director.
2. Production Management
• Work with Manager on production approval process in collaboration with their Production Execution counter parts.
• Own accuracy of outputs of the system.
• Own accuracy of the system
• Track all sample fabric, trims and styles for key milestone meetings by calendar deadlines
• Adhere to all calendar deadlines and troubleshoot any missed deadlines with Manager
• Track and ensure on-time delivery of development samples by troubleshooting issues with team, sourcing channels, and logistics. Escalate any exceptions.
• Participate in weekly production status update with Design.
• Confirm and validate all information regarding order quantity placement with overseas offices.
• Monitor and ensure on-time delivery and of bulk production.
• Manage scheduled work
• Own accuracy of outputs from Order Management System.
• Adhere to all Production and Pipeline processes
3. People and Relationship Management
3. Special Projects
• Drive results for Corporate and Brand initiatives.
1. Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Production: Manufacturing and product engineering, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, calendar management, fabric and garment construction.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, web-based applications.
• Understanding of cross-functional dependencies.
• Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
• Detail oriented with strong follow through; Organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
• Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills.
• Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
• Influence others; Negotiation skills
• Monitor employee performance, provide feedback, and develop employees through formal and on-the-job training
• Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
• Ability to react to change
• Solicit feedback/self-development
2. Minimum educational level:
• 4 Year Bachelors Degree preferred
3. Minimum experience:
• 1-2 Years Production experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs