ON LOCATION: Owings Mills, MD
6 - 8 month Contract with option of extension
The Production Graphic Designer uses both Macintosh and PC platforms to combine text, numerical data, photographs, charts, and other visual graphic elements to produce a variety of publication-ready materials. This material includes, shareholder reports, brochures, newsletters, posters, direct mail packages, advertisements, presentations, etc. Software products include InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Works independently on Desktop Publishing documents and projects to meet customer deadlines.
* Assists in handling client inquiries and logging work in and out of the department.
* Follows all procedures for time tracking to assure the compilation of accurate metrics, reporting, and billing by department management.
* Participates in self-development by setting goals and objectives and training on new software, hardware, products and procedures as required
* Follows all network procedures for document storage and file maintenance to keep servers organized and up-to-date.
* Creates and updates InDesign and Adobe Illustrator documents
*Expert Powerpoint skills required
* Knowledge of page layout formats, master pages, and style sheets
* Knowledge of various printing specifications, including folds, trapping, color, resolution
* Demonstrates understanding of printing process for b/w and 4/c process printing
* Knowledge of graphics formats, including TIF, EPS, JPEG, GIF, etc
* Ability to make decisions and problem solve when preparing files for output and document layout
* Creates and updates PowerPoint presentations
* Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and creating PDFs
* Produces pre-press documents by solving technical problems using mathematical calculations
* Follows all network procedures for document storage
* Ability to follow inside and outside designer’s instructions/concepts when formatting documents
* BS degree or equivalent work experience
* Perform quality check on all publications for:
spelling and style are correct and consistent (brand consistency)
* page numbers, headings and captions are correct
* photos and illustrations are correctly captioned.