Our client seeks a talented and passionate designer to join their Design Quality team. This role is responsible for helping to create the best possible reading experience by ensuring the highest level of print and digital content quality across all formats and devices. The ideal candidate will have a background in design and pre-press production, with a deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, page layout for print and digital, file validation and QA. They will also have experience with e-book conversion and troubleshooting on devices, and the ability to solve problems and implement solutions in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
You will work with the Design and Production teams to maintain a high quality bar for file quality, and develop and improve quality assurance processes. You should have excellent written and presentation skills, and the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure the highest level of end-to-end production quality.
• Checking print files, file files, files for designers. Handling rework issues that come up, rework cover and interior files and admin around that. Not a lot of creating input for this role.
• Highly organized, detail oriented. Not necessarily design skills. Visual background does help with the cover files, not creative position. Adobe skills is a requirement.
• More production background
• Owning the quality step in the process. Part of a larger strategy that her employees are owning
• Lots of collaboration. Art directors and production staff. Rework tends to come from production people, hands off to her time and then production team.