With the increasing sophistication of Material Design comes the need for this top tech company to expand their processes and structure related to how we create it for Auto. We're looking for meticulous designers who can take ownership of the space between design and engineering, and identify opportunities to communicate and deliver the highest-quality assets to the UX designers and engineers alike.
• Deliver highest-quality digital assets.
• Translate design work into interface components, static and fluid, asset and code/spec, organize them, and communicate them in a way that they can be visually referenced and integrated by UX and engineering teams.
• Implement working processes for asset production as well as methods for efficiency and communication.
• Implement working processes for communicating design decisions to product leadership through standardized presentation templates, takeaways, folio organization, posters, and more.
• Contribute to critical design discussions and brainstorms to make Android Auto's design patterns and flows a benchmark for the industry.
• Strong portfolio, demonstrating meticulously efficient production design skills for mobile, especially Android.
• Significant organizational and process skills; ability to both implement efficient working processes as well as process-automation tools.
• Strong attention to detail and demonstrated zero tolerance for inconsistency in design.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative skill
• Confidence in technical knowledge to be able to communicate expectations accurately with engineers and UX, and demonstrated track record of getting up to speed with the technical side.
• Commitment to and interest in production design and process; this position is not specifically a stepping stone to a UX design role.
• Familiarity with Android production workflow, density-independent pixels, layout abilities (and limitations)
• 3 minimum, 5+ years of experience as a production designer in the software development environment.
• Understanding of git and automation tools for asset creation, such as Slicy or photoshop scripts.
• Solid understanding of regional needs for asset localization.
• Ability to improve UX, communicated with good rationale.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs