Production Designers are the jazz musicians of the graphic design world. In a word, they’ve got the chops to jam through even the knottiest of print jobs without missing a beat. From margins and bleeds to master pages, these Pantone players tear up the whole Creative Suite. This position is excellent for a full-time freelance who is looking to add another client to their roster. This assignment will vary week-to-week with hours (between 10-20 hours) and will be ongoing. The ideal candidate has experience with Marketing Design, Graphic Design, assembling/editing graphics for trade show booths, working on layouts for white papers, ebooks, various PDFs, etc. We would love to find candidates who have basic HTML/CSS chops because there is Hubspot work that they can pass over to you if you have that experience!
*Working onsite in this position is not required, they would like to have someone local to Boston that they could have onsite for meetings, but they are also open to fully remote candidates.
Skills & Deliverables:
- Extensive understanding of the print process including knowledge of all the latest materials available for printing and newest digital printing options
- Ability to transform the designer’s vision into print-ready deliverables including variable sizes and shapes, custom bleeds, correct die lines, spot colors, etc
- Ability to execute flawless printed projects and run press checks
- 2+ years of experience in a production artist role and genuine love of the production side of print
- Fast and accurate hands-on skills in Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Bonus: HTML experience