Production artist will use their expertise in design and computer applications to review final designs and layouts. In finalizing the products, artists may suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met. Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and pre-flighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging. Production artist will be responsible for resizing ads, updating/changing copy and changing photos as necessary.
• Requires related work experience 2-3 years
• Formal design education, training or experience required
• Knowledge of principles of design, including layout, typography, color, balance, composition and current design trends.
• Ability & experience working with very large files. (Trade Show Graphics)
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Must be able to take direction
• Consistently apply and enforce style/brand guidelines.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational/communication skills.
• Familiarity with production requirements for both print and digital projects
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to work on a Mac-based computer.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat.
• Working with various graphic formats for print and the web, knowledge of optimal format to use based on the particular application.
Must be able to work onsite in D.C.