Our large financial services client, located in Owings Mills, MD, is seeking a Production Consultant for their Production and Distribution Services Team overseeing the production process as it pertains to printing and direct mail projects for the firm’s mission-critical and non-mission critical communication needs. This position:
- Researches and implements best-of-class service, prices, and technologies for internal Business Partners.
- They provide timely, cost-effective production, consultation and decision making for the products are essential to the firm.
Working with Project Management, multiple Distribution Channels, Creative, Marketing Services, and suppliers, the Production Consultant:
- Manages the overall production cycle of standard, repeatable, templated and high volume printed projects/requests.
- The PC oversees the production or direct mail process which includes: production workflow, confirmation from internal business partner regarding print specifications, obtaining supplier estimates, performs quality control reviews and press inspections, providing day-to-day technical direction to suppliers regarding print requests, and matching print samples.
- PC will also engage in projects that require giveaway options (such as cups, mouse pads, stress balls, key chains, etc.).
- Uses project tracking systems for production. The PC is responsible for providing end-to-end project management support for collateral that is typically print, reprinted material, or Print On Demand (POD).
- The PC is responsible for participating in project kick-offs hosted by Project Management, providing project updates on a weekly basis, providing cost-effective alternative printing solutions, coordinate postage and handling (as required), transfers files to vendor for production and uploading records and files into the firm’s repository system(s) as well as coordinating delivery schedules and locations.
- Negotiates with suppliers, provides competitive costs back to the BUs for their approval. Is responsible for generating purchase orders (POs) for projects.
- The PC is also required to reconcile invoices once projects are completed. Provides metrics that assist Business Partners in decision making for marketing strategies or process changes supported by Enterprise Publishing.
- These metrics are used to improve customer service, deliverables, costs, and communications. Metrics also help determine opportunities for controlling printing and mailing costs as well as alternative solutions for Business Partners.
- Provides back-up support for other Production Consultants. Keeps current with technical industry trends such as digital printing techniques, US postal regulations, and the latest bindery techniques to ensure the team maintains a best in class, excellence in service support model.
- Experience in the production of fixed-repeatable, templated, high volume printed projects and requests in a high volume corporate environment.
- Production of direct mail marketing campaigns.
- Project management experience