Music company based in W1 are looking for a production co-ordinator to join their busy in-house production team comprising of Production Manager, 5 other coordinators and a production assistant.
You will be looking to commit to fulltime role longerterm and your previous experience will be able to demonstrate how you will fulfil the following:
Your role will report to the production manager, and work as part of a team alongside co-ordinators for audio, film, photography and online at a music company.
- Role also involves liaising with artist manager, creative consultant, designers, record labels, tour management, printers and merchandisers.
• Co-ordinate artwork and related packaging for projects including albums, film releases, tours, website, publications etc.
• Main liaison between artist, designer and record label, tour management etc on all artwork matters and related delivery deadlines.
• Ensure design work is done on schedule and co-ordinate artist approvals and delivery to third parties for artwork and materials for print production.
• Supplying materials (eg photos and images, text, label copy, logos, branding materials) for artwork and related components such as stickers, download cards, advertising and promotional materials and territorial variations (obi wraps, translated inserts etc).
• Liaise with internal and external scanning personnel.
• Co-ordinate approval of packaging samples with artist and designers via label.
• Proof-reading and checking of artwork material in consultation with production manager, creative consultant and team.
• Assist in captioning for artwork and ensure images are properly credited.
• Create pdfs of artwork for approval and reference.
• Ensure correct barcodes are used on releases/formats.
• Co-ordinate tour-related artwork including advertising materials, tickets, tour programme, merchandise; liaising with tour management and merchandise teams.
• Co-ordinate approvals of merchandise artwork for online store.
• Ensure agreements are in place for designers and other artwork personnel, and appropriate clearances obtained where relevant.
• Filing of artwork files (digital and physical), archiving important physical material.
• Liaise with web teams to ensure correct artwork is used on artist sites and for other online promotional materials (web banners etc).
• Assist with memorabilia research for catalogue or archival releases.
• Create and file delivery notes for any material sent out.
• Co-ordinate design work for corporate adverts, invitations etc.
• Assist in organising travel arrangements for various press passes
• Ensure all invoices from designers and artwork related sources are approved by production manager and passed for payment.
• Meet weekly with production manager and provide monthly written updates/reports on all projects.
NB: This is a co-ordinator role, and not a design role. An interest in design is helpful, but no budding designers please. Strong admin and co-ordination skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work to deadlines, juggle projects and collaborate in a team are a priority. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of print processes advantageous.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs