We need a Production Artist/Designer to work with one of our beauty clients! You would work with a small packaging team for a global skin care and cosmetic line. This is a great opportunity to get noticed in the industry and be part of a fast growing company!
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a talented production artist to join our dynamic, fast-paced team in San Francisco. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of print production, with a focus on packaging.
Idea of the things you will work on:
- Responsible for the creation, validation, and execution of packaging artwork from concept to finished product. This is inclusive of but not limited to:
- Partnering with the creative team, marketing and product development on the creation and turnover of assets.
- Determining proper specifications for printing, construction and sub straight choice.
- Managing printing prototyping and comp creation as needed with internal and external partners.
- Placing artwork and copy within layout standards and regulatory parameters, with a strong eye for design and acute sensitivity to typography.
- Working with cross functional partners for reviews and revisions, and approval of final files for release.
- Creating accurate, print-ready production mechanical files, ensuring vendors have comprehensive production direction on all jobs.
- Overseeing final proofing and approval of production standards.
- Developing and managing library of all final packaging files including historical releases, dielines and signoff. Recommend and implement protocols for archiving procedures.
- Independently manage production calendar of tasks assigned by project manager, effectively delivering projects on time and on budget while meeting quality standards.
- Contribute to the development of packaging design standards and templates, acting as the gatekeeper of consistency throughout the brand’s products.
- Assist with production of printed collateral (press releases, retail signage, etc) as needed.
- Work x-functionally with creative, marketing and product development to ensure smooth execution of projects.
WHO YOU SHOULD BE
You are able to learn quickly and take initiative, as our company is dynamic and ever-evolving. To succeed in this position, the following qualities are paramount:
- Skilled at delivering in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work well under pressure with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Extremely organized and detail oriented; able to proof your own work for quality and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; highly collaborative, thrives in small team environment
- Strong time and project management skills; ability to juggle multiple pressing priorities with ease and quickly adapt to changes
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Self-motivated, resourceful and takes initiative
- Positive and upbeat demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Production Artist in consumer packaged goods, ideally in beauty
- Strong understanding of print production and setting up art mechanicals, specifically for packaging, including printing & technical expertise for materials, inks and printing techniques
- Elevated design aesthetic and exceptional typography skills
- Highly proficient in CS6 – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ideal portfolio would include luxury items, full soup to nuts design and production (including concepting and drawing iterations) and strong typography studies
- Immediate hire
- Contract-to-hire preferred