The Channel Design Production Artist is responsible for building press ready graphic files for the Best Buy Enterprise for all in-store signage. This role must be an expert in brand identity, printing press processes, Adobe Creative Suite functionality, and substrates used within the printing industry. Core job functions are but not limited to the following:
1. Prepare and finalize print ready art files and documentation to external vendors, Deployment Solutions and/or GBS internal customers.
2. Understand and suggest substrate recommendations to support design intent based on GBS rate card standards and print vendor capabilities.
3. Gather all slug information (pantone colors, die lines, substrate info, 3D graphic drawings and printing methods) used in each project.
4. Collaborate in prototyping of new graphic parts / designs.
5. Accessing 3D graphics & fixture database (ePDM) in order to turn over graphic parts with all necessary documentation to Deployment Solutions & GBS.
6. Collaborate with Graphic Designers, Art Directors, Fixture Designers, Copywriters, Proofers, Project Managers and Traffic Managers to ensure quality, consistency, and prepress guidelines and requirements are met and fulfilled for every project assigned.
7. Responsible for following and ensuring the Best Buy Brand Guidelines set forth by Channel Design creative teams are implemented in all work turned over to our internal/external partners.
8. Maintain all graphic design decks (minis).
9. Maintain & update archive graphic servers for Channel Design.
10. Other duties or special projects as assigned
• Associate's degree with experience
• Strong proficiency skills in Adobe Creative Suite, topography, file setup, file management and an understanding of complex graphic formats(3D)
• Experience in retail advertising production or digital production environment
• Bachelor's degree
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs