JOB TITLE: Production Artist
Duration: 3+ weeks
ONSITE in Yorba Linda - 40 hrs/week
Our busy inhouse graphics department is looking for that rare team member who possesses extraordinary graphics problem-solving talent and an obsessive attention to detail. Do you love to follow pre-designated guidelines to uphold company branding? Have a solid grasp of print and web production? Can’t rest until your layout and type are flawless? Love the challenge of maintaining accuracy and trouble-shooting projects—all while under tight deadlines? Still interested? Then, specifically, your day in the Graphics Department might look like this:
• Revise pre-existing layouts and templates with new information.
• Set up paragraph/character/object styles as necessary and following existing style sheets.
• Size and format photos for various media applications.
• Work with digital photos—creating outline paths, adding shadows/reflections, converting to grayscale, etc.
• Search for product photos in the archives.
• Make corrections to files in production and ensure layouts conform to brand guidelines.
• Prepare files for offset or digital printing.
• Assist team members with PowerPoint presentations, making sure the format adheres to company guidelines.
• Create digital forms with editable fields.
• Check layout copy for appropriate trademarks and consistent style.
To successfully survive this typical day, you’ll need the following prowess:
• Intermediate to advanced skills in the latest Mac OS and graphics software: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word; some Excel skills also helpful.
• Extensive understanding of file production for offset printing, large-format graphics, digital file distribution, and web.
• Excellent written communication skills, with accurate spelling and grammar.
• Working knowledge of production for HTML emails (what works and what doesn’t when designing a layout); knowledge of Dreamweaver helpful.
• Detail-oriented accuracy; must be able to identify subtle differences in a complex product line, catch errors in consistency and style, and proof your own work and others’ as well.
• Can-do, positive attitude, gracefully handling interruptions, changing priorities, and moving deadlines.
• Ability to follow direction and be proactive in problem-solving and prioritizing.
• Proficiency in organization, accurate recordkeeping, digital file maintenance, and scheduling.
• Strategic thinking, with the ability to understand content and interpret the best way to present it in layout, is a big plus.
If your diverse skills in production, communication, and graphic arts need a place to shine, please send us your resume and work samples (or link to your online portfolio) including a description of your role in the creation/production of your samples. Two to five years’ experience in an inhouse or agency production department and college degree preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
JOB TITLE: Production Artist