Aquent's client is looking for a Production Artist who has experience in a production environment to work a long-term assignment (through Feb 2019, with potential to extend), on-location at the Lay Out Center for 40 hours/week in Bentonville, AR.
The Production Artist will support the .com creative team. This role is responsible for maintaining brand standards on the website through the ongoing updates, maintenance and design of supporting assets including large seasonal campaigns. He/she will work both independently and closely with producers, copy writers, art directors and designers to ensure consistency in quality of work and be able to manage multiple projects to meet timelines and due dates.
- Manages and prioritize projects to meet pre-established timelines and deliver assets on-time
- Review revisions/comments for multiple projects via online proofing system
- Follow established style guides for .com site
- Edit existing files with product changes, copy changes and design modifications
- Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction with product imagery by communicating with teams (for example, Merchandising, Item Setup, Creative) and vendors to clarify business needs (for example, product samples, digital product imagery content); providing daily imagery status reports (for example, broken and missing imagery) to cross-functional teams in order to ensure Merchandising teams meet sales plan; maintaining Site Marketing assets; staying up-to-date on style guides and site standards; tracking and ensuring fulfillment of imagery requests; and ensuring project deliverables are achieved according to service level agreements (SLAs).
- Maintains image production workflow tools (for example, content management system, digital asset management system, automation, tracking) by tracking digital images throughout the image life-cycle; maintaining archives of electronic assets and previous projects; ensuring consistent file structure and naming conventions for digital imagery files; coordinating the transfer of imagery files between archive servers; searching and retrieving raw images for delivery to Creative team and agencies; and ensuring images are loaded to the site according to project plans.
- Develops and processes product and market imagery assets to support digital and print projects by collaborating with cross-functional partners (for example, Photo Art Director) to ensure creative vision aligns with imagery; executing Adobe Photoshop actions and scripts; manipulating stock photography to ensure alignment with project requirements and brand standards; ensuring adherence to copyright policies and licensing regulations; performing post-production product image flat and on-figure retouching (for example, color consistency, lighting, shadowing; orientation); manipulating and editing existing imagery to align with style guides and designs; cropping and resizing image files; applying marketing badges and messaging to product imagery; developing bundle product imagery; and providing production support for presentations and style guides.
- Supports the quality assurance process of product imagery by transferring images to the image staging server; ensuring images meet or exceed imagery brand standards and site requirement ratings and specifications; identifying and troubleshooting imagery issues and technical files for web development or press; collaborating with cross-functional teams (for example, Engineering) to resolve escalated issues; recommending resolutions to supervisor or departmental management; and implementing corrective actions under the guidance of Senior Production Artists.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- At least 3 months of professional design or production experience in the area of software and/or web site design which can include internships
- Experience in a digital imagery post-production environment is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (CS5, CS6, or CC), mainly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to distinguish good layout/typography, apply color theory, hierarchy and balance
- Ability to troubleshoot minor problems with typography, layout, applications, hardware
- Demonstrate Professional Judgment -
- Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Experience effectively using existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with content management systems, digital asset management systems, and workflow tools (for example, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel) including experience on both Mac and PC hardware.
- Experience in retail marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred