Our client is looking for a Production Artist who can provide quality 3D models of human faces as well as other non-human characters. You will work in close collaboration across disciplines with Engineers, Researchers, and Designers. These models may be used to teach artificial intelligence systems about emotions as well as in consumer facing situations so they will need to be high-quality models both in respect to technical quality as well as aesthetic quality.
- Modeling and rigging of head and facial features
- Building 3D characters based on sketches of characters as well as actual human models
- Animation of facial expressions (laughing, crying, etc.)
- Optimizing models for memory constraints, normalized points, and other technical requirements.
- Design and creates visual assets in a multimedia title in any of the following areas: 3D modeling, texturing, mapping, lighting/shading working independently.
- Works with team members to achieve a cohesive style.
- Creates conceptual art work.
- May provide direction to other 3D artists and direct the animation of models.
- 5 plus years work related experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic software (i.e. Photoshop) and 3D modeling software (i.e. Maya, 3D StudioMax) required.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies (i.e. HTML, CSS) and/or web design may be required.
- Conceptual sketching skills required.
- Must have the ability to ensure photo-realism.
- Portfolio review required.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Architecture or related field and/or related work experience preferred.
- Experience with shipped titles required.