Our client is looking for a Production Artist to work ON-SITE in Woodland Hills, CA for a contract-to-hire opportunity at the salary of $63K.
Experience in the Leisure, Hospitality, Legal, or Travel industries is HIGHLY desired!
This person should have excellent production skills, be an organized go-getter, can multi-task and handle their own workload as well as being a good communicator and team player. You would strictly be a production artist (with good design sensibilities) and you must be able to take constructive criticism.
Reporting to Sr. Production Artist, Production Artist is an experienced, skilled production person responsible for production of both online and print materials for Trade and Consumer audiences. Tasks include but are not limited to: production of complex direct mail pieces with multiple price charts; building and updating PowerPoint presentations per brand standards; building, updating and creating variations of print ads; image research, selection and cropping; Facebook & banner ad layouts (except for coding) and similar tasks as needed. Production Artist reviews and proofs own files ensuring release of clean files with high degree of accuracy to vendors. Independently ensures all own work is correct. Requires excellent attention to detail, design sensibilities and significant proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Independently manages and prioritizes own workload, resolving workload or scheduling conflicts through Sr. Production Artist and Studio Manager, and works positively and proactively with all staff to execute accurate file delivery on time. Position requires strong interpersonal skills, “can-do” attitude, ability to work well under deadlines and flexibility to accommodate changes. Must be proactive self-starter willing to do what is needed to complete a task, work well with others and able to build rapport/collaboration within the team.
• Produces complex direct mail pieces
• Builds and regularly updates PowerPoint presentations per brand standards
• Builds, updates and creates variations of print ads
• Researches, selects and crops images
• Assists with Facebook, Instagram & banner ad layouts
• Executes final production of files
• Maintains brand look and feel per corporate Style Guide
• Archives completed projects
• Manipulates digital images
• Independently prioritizes workload using good judgment
• Minimum 8 years’ significant experience and demonstrated track record working as a high-level production artist, with experience executing complex print jobs and online jobs such as banner ads and Facebook/Instagram image selection and enhancement.
• Proficiency in current version of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of MS Office adequate to easily execute job tasks; ability and willingness to learn additional software as needed to execute position.
• PowerPoint expertise, including ability to build, modify and follow templates, insert videos, images, charts and graphs quickly and efficiently.
• Strong design “eye”; understanding of what makes a good photograph and good cropping; skill in and aptitude for image selection and editing.
• Strong production skills; understanding of print specs and various processes and how they affect file needs. Understanding of online job specs, from banner ads to social media. Willingness and aptitude to stay current on trends.
• Scrupulous attention to detail and precision; highly organized with good judgment.
• Good writing and proofing skills sufficient to review and proof own work to ensure high level of accuracy and correctness.
• Able to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects, setting and meeting deadlines while working positively and proactively with all staff to execute accurate results.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, “can-do” attitude with tenacity to complete projects by deadlines. Proactive, self-starter willing to do what is needed to complete a task while communicating status. Willingness to receive constructive criticism.
• Ability and willingness to learn the product (including related imagery).
• Preferred: Some HTML coding experience (banner ads/email) and/or experience creating Cinemagraphs.