The Production Artist takes conceptual/strategic files from a graphic designer or creative director and implements the mechanical file for final production and/or printing. They will work hand in hand with a graphic designer or creative director to attain a full understanding of the design intent in order to execute the final, production ready files using Adobe Creative Suite. They must have the ability to make design decisions when laying out high resolution artwork and type into different sized templates.
- Receiving client assets and building out adaptations based on brand standards to gain final client sign off before handing off to a production or printing house.
- Using predetermined templates and typesetting new copy/imposition of new imagery.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite applications to deliver final designs and layouts.
- Suggest improvements and to increase the quality of production and processes and ensure that standards are met.
- Prepare and quality check final production files for final delivery; including routing layouts for approval and updating files as needed
- Collaborate with internal creative team on specified projects and make design decisions on behalf of the project
- Work with Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure all details of deliverables are met and correct
- Laying out planograms (POGs) into templates and ensuring the product information matches from a corresponding excel file/POG document.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned