Our agency client is looking for a Production Artist to work on-site near Koreatown for at least 1 month with the possibility to extend! If selected to proceed with an interview, you would interview THIS week (6/12-6/16) and start 7/5/17 or possibly sooner. More details are provided below, however, if interested, please reach out to me ASAP!
Role: Production Artist
Full Time Hours - 10am to 7pm
- Looking for someone for MECHANICAL PRODUCTION primarily for OUT OF
HOME (outdoor) and PUBLICATION ADS. You will be give an approved design
and will need to precisely prepare the mechanicals elements (the
retouching team will prepare the photoshop/artwork elements).
-You will be placing the art file into the mechanical - and if does place precisely and meet the mechanical
requirements (ie. Amount of bleed, color space, density), you will
coordinate corrections with the retouching team.
-You will NEVER be "eyeballing" designs. You will place comp resolution artwork in the
INDD/ILL mechanical and build precisely the mechanical elements on top of
the comp and then remove the comp once final artwork is available.
- You absolutely must have an EXTREME attention to detail and always be proofing your work; this is key to this position.
- Must understand print color space (CMYK) and digital outdoor colorspace (RGB).
- Be able to prepare both publication and out of home templates for photoshop comping, presentation, photoshop finishing,
mechanical preparation. Must be able to read / understand an outdoor billboard/tall wall specification sheets and be able to the calculate the mechanical/finish specs based on the final outdoor piece and mechanical
scale information provided on the spec sheet.
- Must be an EXPERT in InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat. As well as, be able to work within Photoshop to create templates for the C.D., confirm font and colors, etc.