The Production Artist will be a member of the creative team supporting all marketing and promotional efforts and will be responsible for print media.
REPORTS TO: Graphic Design Manager
DEPARTMENT: MARKETING DEPT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for executing and expanding creative collateral set forth by in-house design team including extensive text and table edits.
• Key reviewer for all marketing materials. Ensures that materials are delivered with the utmost quality and assists graphic design manager with final proofing.
• Increase efficiency and ensure precise and timely delivery of assets and mechanicals.
• Communicates with print vendor on file preparations and facilitates delivery to the printer or project manager.
• Create graphics for print, working within style guidelines or independently.
• Photo editing/manipulation and retouching.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 4-5 years production design work experience. Degree or certification in communications or graphic design preferred. Near perfect attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent eye for proofreading. Strong visual literacy and understanding of typography, color theory, composition and layout. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must collaborate comfortably in a team setting and be a team player. Has experience delegating work to junior design staff. Ability to handle multiple projects successfully and meet deadlines. Flexibility in schedule in order to meet hard deadlines outside of normal work hours. Naturally proactive.
• SOFTWARE: Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and basic Excel in a PC based environment. Proficient in print production on a large format printer within 60 days.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use manual dexterity, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Normally not exposed to conditions that are discomforting or disagreeable.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs