A major apparel retailer is looking for a Production Artist for a 1-2 month assignment. This person would be paying close attention to how the catalog is produced and translating all notes to the prepress department on layouts, and will be assisting on making all proofers corrections to the catalog.
1. Place/link photography and digital product illustrations into InDesign page spreads. Resize, adjust linked files and place copy as instructed.
2. Acting as liaison to the prepress team to ensure that all files are pre-flighted to catalog specs.
3. Work cross functionally with the marketing catalog team to revise and capture notes in the early rounds of catalog production.
4. Update numerous InDesign spreads with multiple rounds of revisions.
5. Creating PDFs from Indesign books for internal use.
What are the Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job?:
1. Highly Proficient in Indesign
2. Strong attention to detail needed as this entails repetitive production - design work
3. Production Expert
Top 3-5 Soft Skills:
1. 1-2 years hands on experience in catalog and/or multi-page document production.
2. Experience with Excel and Filemaker a plus.
3. Must be able to work well with business partners, as well as independently, to achieve objectives.
Software skills required:
Adobe Creative Suite. Most importantly InDesign CC.