As a Stylist for the product photography studio for 6+ months, you will collaborate with the studio team at a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company to style high-quality digital photography that directly supports product presentation for an ecommerce site. We are looking for an individual with a strong portfolio and a passion for visual design across different channels. Your work will contribute to projects for interactive screens, devices, fixtures, and spaces.
The Retail Marketing team is a fast-growing group with a mission to educate, inform, and encourage exploration of hardware products and services in the retail space. As part of our nimble, ambitious team, you must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and an ability to thrive in an environment of innovation where processes are actively being created and refined.
- Provide clear communications regarding project status, issues, and priorities. Identify
personal needs with regards to process and tools, to help the studio work at optimal
- Ability to embrace an iterative process, collaborating with other imaging personnel to
establish consistency across specific brand looks and standards.
- Strong organization skills required to maintain styling equipment and work stations, and
equipment, prop, and merchandise records.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality and consistent styling across a range of product photography. Perform
assigned projects within the time and budget given, according to industry, company, and
brief standards, review feedback, and own creativity and instincts.
- In collaboration with the photography team, establish on-set styling needs (i.e. product
table, styling table, steamer, working light etc).
- Drive tasks to completion by collaborating with the photography team through ideation,
development, and execution.
- 5+ years of experience styling in a product photography studio or agency.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an elevated sense for design and detail, and
analytical ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines.
- Fluency with industry-standard equipment and practices. Expert ability to execute across
a variety of styling techniques, lighting, color, and composition; working with tabletop,
hard lines, soft lines.
- Ability to adapt to different types of products, from those with reflective surfaces to more
intricate products with minute details. Understanding and highlighting visual details that
make each product unique, keeping the user in mind.
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Proficient understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production,
processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
- Self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to proactively establish rapport, credibility and influence, and drive results
throughout a highly matrixed organization.
- Able to balance working in a creatively driven organization with an analytical and
disciplined approach to marketing.
- A love of efficiency, desire to produce a high quality deliverable, and an ability to execute
against multiple projects in a fast-paced, dead-line-driven, and technical work
environment in often uncertain and ambiguous circumstances.