Product Owner/Digital Project Manager
Product Owner, eCommerce Promotions
About the team:
The Global Online Product Development group is responsible for leading out on enterprise level enhancements and innovations to the our retail beaut client's global eCommerce platform.
Product Owners are responsible for maintaining a roadmap of strategic initiatives for their respective area of expertise, and overseeing the implementation of these projects from conception through completion. Impeccable communication skills are required, as Product Owners work closely with Executive Leadership as well as cross functional teams including creative, UX, business, engineering, and database. Product Owners possess an incredible amount of knowledge on the client's l eCommerce platform, as well as industry trends and best practices as it relates to user experience and modern eCommerce technologies. Product Owners are both detail-oriented and strategic in their roadmap planning and communication with global stakeholders.
The Promotions Product Owner is responsible for the global Offer Management software tool and engine for client's online global platform. Importantly, the Promotions Product Owner is charged with conceptualizing and overseeing the execution of innovative and engaging promotional experiences for our end consumers online and via the applicable omnichannel applications. The Offer Management software system is used by thousands of eCommerce Business Leads globally to manage and merchandise their product offerings – across all major brands.
We are engaged in an exciting platform evolution project. As part of this project, the Promotions Product Owner will lead out on the evolution of the current Promotions engine and tool. This person will liaise with global corporate and brand stakeholders to methodically gather requirements, meet with vendors to vet third party solutions, and work with UX experts and technical teams to scope the solution. This person will facilitate the entire scope, design, build, and approvals of the project from beginning to end.
• Lead out on the evolution of client's global Promotions engine and tool, and the ongoing enhancements, optimizations and innovations moving forward. This includes vetting third party solutions, working with internal cross functional teams to align on scope, and overseeing the entire build from beginning to end.
• Serve as the main point of contact to the global business as it relates to the Promotions system and its capabilities. Lead training sessions and work closely with other cross functional Product teams as needed to develop best-in-class Promotions software products.
• Methodically gather and document requirements, both technical and business focused.
• Manage a backlog of strategic initiatives, groom the backlog on a regular basis with technical teams as well as business stakeholders.
• Manage a team of engineers, QA resources, and database architects.
• Lead daily scrum calls with production team, and ultimately grow the team to include a scrum master.
• Create project schedules, manage deadlines, and expectations across various stakeholder groups.
• 5+ years relevant experience, ideally managing projects related to business-facing content or data tools.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Solid understanding of eCommerce technology and demonstrated interest and experience in leading technology projects.
• Solid understanding of UX principles of business-to-business tools content and data management tools as well as consumer facing interfaces.
• Familiarity and passion for e-commerce trends and best practices
• Understanding of how to design tests and interpret test results
• Experience with analytics tools and data-driven decision-making
• Ability to lead ideation workshops and product planning sessions
• Experience with Agile and iterative development process
• Impeccable communication (verbal & written) internally/externally
• Able to sell ideas and clearly explain product concepts to both technologists and non-technical business and design focused individuals
• Ability to lead both internal and external stakeholders and project contributors from inception to delivery
• Build and maintain strong relationships with co-workers
• Work collaboratively with team members to achieve team initiatives
• Possesses a strong curiosity to test, experiment, try new things and seeks answers
• Ability to adapt to change
• Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
• Attention to detail
• Experience and a high degree of comfort with onging technological and organizational change.