Our client is a large financial institution in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Product Owner to join their Digital team within Corporate Marketing for a 6+ month contract role with the potential to extend or go permanent. This Product Owner role is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K are offered.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner (PO) to guide corporate websites direction in regards to overall look and feel as the Product Owner works closely with the website stakeholder and at times is their proxy. The PO works with the stakeholder to develop and maintain a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and product features from concept to end of life. The Product Owner works with architects, product marketing and scrum teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The Product Owner is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature (in this case, the website). The Product Owner is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the lifecycle. The Product Owner understands both the technical and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the stakeholder’s needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Product Vision Development – collecting vision information from various stakeholders (both internal and external) and developing an overall solution vision. The Product Owner must be able to communicate that vision to stakeholders and the team.
• Product Backlog Management - decomposing the vision into a number of Stories, which make up the Product Backlog and working with the team and stakeholders to create a Release and Sprint Plan based on the Backlog.
• Roadmap Management – developing and updating the product roadmap which may require the Product Owner to interface with other Product Owners to ensure that there is roadmap alignment.
• Team Leadership - motivating and managing the team to ensure that all team members are working together effectively, communicating with other teams and that they are producing quality work, in line with the overall product vision.
• Communication - establish communication protocols across stakeholder groups
• Communicate with managers executives to ensure that there is visibility into the program direction, schedule and progress. As these stakeholders are dependent on the products we produce, they must have regular and useful updates to allow them to plan their business activities.
• Communicate the Product Vision to interested parties and stakeholders. It is important that the businesses understand the solution and can engage to ensure there is successful delivery.
• Communicate with the internal and external teams to ensure that they understand their role and responsibility as it relates to successful delivery
• Other Key Responsibilities:
• Keep abreast of technology advances – new technology changes in the learning and IT world could mean changes in how we deliver our solutions. The Product Owner should always be looking out for ways to make our solutions more beneficial to our user, extend our presence or increase our business using new technology advances.
• Product Evangelist – as a member of Core Digital team will be expected to propagate knowledge of the product evolution and its benefits to stakeholders and non-stakeholders alike.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Technical Skills strong blend of technical capability, problem solving, change agent and business savvy
o Passion to understand technology trends and changes across industries and best-in-class companies; and determine what and how to incorporate into future design
o Working knowledge using full Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence and other tools used across AGILE
• Analytical Skills to assimilate information from a variety of sources, and develop a coherent strategy and product roadmap for meeting those needs.
o Identify problems as opportunities and manage well under pressure and is able to deal with ambiguity, with a bias toward simplicity and action
• Project Management Skills to ensure that all facets of the project are delivered according to schedule
o Manage multiple projects, complex activities, and competing deadlines
o Strong project planning and governance using standard industry tools
o Given a variety of conflicting goals and opinions, be the final decision maker for hard decisions related to this tool
o Exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques integrating diverse and global needs and interests
• Interpersonal Leadership Skills to lead a multidisciplinary team to achieve the project aims. Those resources will be under the direction of the Product Owner for the duration of the project.
o Proven ability to work effectively with both business users and technical users
o Communicate vision and intent, deferring detailed features and design decisions to be made just in time
o Highly consultative and collaborative and respects diverse views across businesses, regions and levels. Ability to handle conflict in a positive and collaborative manner
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to varying levels of management
o Presentation skills – creating and presenting
o Thought leader with practical decision-making ability
o The ability to communicate at all levels, the role will require the Product Owner to be able to communicate effectively with their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
o Product Owner must have high quality standards and always work to deliver the very best product.
o Ability to create a vision of a solution which stretches the team and delivers true innovation in the market place.
o Excellent listening skills
o Good Story teller – ability to transfer a user story into a product feature the stakeholder desires
o Willingness to delegate when necessary
o Team player
o Knowledge broker – leveraging experts to provide the development team the information needed to execute their job
o Ability to escalate when necessary
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working designing and developing software solutions
• Experience working in a software development environment using one of the AGILE SDLC methodologies.
• Experience directing a team to deliver a successful project.