Marketing Specialist Merchandiser
The role of the Marketing Specialist is to support in-store marketing, programs and initiatives for Seasonal Marketing and Signage. These marketing activities influence our customers' perceptions and shopping behaviors to drive customer satisfaction, easy of shopping and conversion. This position works closely with all marketing category managers, and our internal agency to draft communications, participate in the development of creative materials, and support the team to execute and measure program effectiveness. The Marketing Specialist works with the Program Manager, Retail Marketing In-store and the Promo team to support seasonal strategy and signage execution.
• Partnering with cross-functional teams and external print vendors to understand business needs and act with urgency
• Plan, create, execute and maintain promotional signage for 1,400 stores
• Project planning, tracking and developing timelines and budgets
• Attend weekly meetings with cross-functional teams to discuss seasonal campaigns, new business initiatives and business driving offers
• Executing seasonal promotional signage elements -- on strategy, on time and on budget
• Writing creative briefs for internal Agency, evaluating creative concepts
• Evaluating data related to store signage programs, seasonal promotional planning and budgets
• Integrating customer insight into in store experience signage plans and activities
• Managing the signage department budget to ensure all invoices are processed timely
• Supporting the stores with marketing collateral and weekly communications
• Responsible for seasonal reporting for signage rollout and etickets management
• Work closely with marketing vehicle owners and other departments to ensure flawless execution of marketing signage.
• Communicate and collaborate in all stages from planning to roll out to reporting.
• Draft creative briefs/signing memos, collect and provide feedback, proof all materials prior to deployment.
• Partner with cross-functional partners to ensure execution.
Education / Experience: BA or BS required; 2-5 years work experience, could include internships/co-ops. Prior experience in merchandising or marketing required.
• Proactive, self-directed, organized individual with proven ability to manage multiple projects, balancing planning within a fast paced environment
• Ability to both influence and collaborate with others, while adjusting quickly to changing priorities, aggressive timelines and multiple objectives
• Excellent written, oral communication and listening skills
• Demonstrated spreadsheet skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Excel and Word
• Database and design skills on a MAC a plus
• Experience working with outside agencies and/or vendors a plus.
Work Level: Moderate/Complex
Problem Complexity: Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems which are moderate to complex. The "what" is clearly stated, but the "how" is largely determined by the Associate's judgment with Manager's input.
Supervision / Empowerment: General Supervision.
• Manager defines performance expectations and outlines processes and general work instructions.
• The responsibilities of the job tends to dictate the priorities; May be responsible for proposing approach and solutions.
• Job functions executed with independence and limited oversight.
• Work evaluated upon completion of smaller tasks; project plans defined by Manager and reviewed regularly.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Marketing Specialist Merchandiser