Product Marketing Manager
Our client is looking for a Product Marketing Manager. This is in the oil and gas industry and will be dealing with product development, sales, and marketing. You should have experience in global marketing and management. You should also have managed product launches, developed and executed strategic product marketing plans, and are able to communicate with engineers, management, and customers.
Develops & implements marketing strategy for products in select markets and associated segments.
1. Marketing Strategy:
- Identifies opportunities for profitable growth through market segmentation & research within pneumatic Valve product groups and Packaging markets
- Creates product line architecture plan(roadmap) for platform products
- Prioritizes product line development programs
- Manages product and brand promotions
- Develops pricing strategies
2. Marketing Plan Tactical Implementation:
- Identifies opportunities for new product development for a given market segment. Conducts market, product, competitor and customer research to determine unmet customer needs and translate into product requirements.
- Manages existing product line by compiling and analyzing internal and external data on customers, products, and competitors and making strategic and tactical decisions. (i.e. segmentation analysis, product life cycle analysis, etc.)
- Actively collaborates with Engineering, Operations, and Sales teams from development through all phases of the development process cycle, and occasionally leads as Project Manager
- Visits customers regularly to gain insight into market needs
- Generates market campaigns and tracks effectiveness
- Creates pricing structure proposals
- Directs promotional activities including Sales and Marketing Launch Packages, trade shows, advertising, and literature
- Develops a network of contacts internally and at end users, OEM’s and distributors.
3. Training and Sales Support:
- Creates and conducts product and application training for target markets.
- Drives growth through the pursuit of new business using lead management, valve sales inquiry, and other processes
- Provides technical support to inside and outside sales groups as necessary
4. Other Functions:
- Introduces Asian and European products into the US and assisting in the promotion of US products abroad.
- Conducts ad hoc data analysis for sales/marketing
- Creates various marketing and corporate reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing/Business required, MBA preferred
- 5 years experience in B2B marketing
- “Full Cycle” project management expertise(from conception through R & D, to manufacturing, to customer)needed for success in this role.
- Technical acumen.