Detail and solutions-oriented, analytic, product focused manager to provide key insights and direction regarding licensed product development across 6 major categories to support strategic direction and business goals set by the Hard Lines Director. In this critical role you will partner with a multitude of internal cross-functional teams (Creative, Soft Lines, Retail, USM, Sales, & brand) as well as extensive engagement with external 3rd party licensees to grow hard lines category reach at retail. Successful candidate will need to be proactive, resourceful, collaborative, and responsive. With a mindset that combines strong creative sensibility with analytic and commercially sound based judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include acting as the management lead, across the many internal cross-functional groups that intersect product development.
Category Development – Product Focused
• Manage day-to-day direction of product strategy and oversee execution of that strategy by licensee, establish/ manage critical development milestone targets, and lead all product-specific communication across all disciplines, both internal and external – including meeting recaps and manage all follow up.
• Conduct regular product reviews with key licensees to drive consistency in product and merchandising execution across all hard goods categories
• Drive sharing of global best practices through entire GBL organization
• Work with licensees and category teams to gather necessary information, products, and assets needed to develop and drive overall go-to-market product strategy and channel segmentation including line list planning for hard lines retail program development
• Coordinate line plans and retail sell in presentations by account
Business Development – Hard Lines
• Competitive tracking – product, marketing and retail activations
• Knowledge and insights for the competitive boy’s & girl’s property landscape, fundamental consumer insights and applications
• Conduct frequent store checks, all channels to provide insight on trends and competitive set
• Create and update presentations for internal and external meetings, business reviews and proposals to partners and on occasion, retail.
• Assist in developing action plan for closing gaps by category
• Cultivate new business opportunities across hard lines.
• Attend and present at buyer retail meetings where appropriate
Oversee all Hard lines Product Approvals:
• Work with licensees to develop product in line with the latest style guides and product development calendar, ensuring key milestones are achieved, tracking and communicating key information on a timely basis
• Oversee the Hard Lines product and packaging approval processes using the Licensing Approvals System (LAS) and managing with efficiency.
• Educate licensees and maintain understanding of all necessary tools such as LAS, HAL, Product and Packaging Style Guides and Approvals, ensuring all relevant materials such as style guides, pitches etc. are provided
• Partner with category teams to review licensees proposed line plans & outline key process steps at the beginning of the product development process
• Completion of sell-in reports and reconciliation against product approvals
• Support larger company initiatives as they relate to PDS: prioritize and facilitate any special projects for department.
• Drive towards process improvements to ensure efficiency and the product is commercially relevant.