Product Manager- Life Sciences
The Product Manager provides leadership and execution for life sciences products and services. This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products. S/he will be responsible for development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management. Responsibilities include developing marketing plans and market research, leading new product development teams, managing inventory, pricing, customer communications and revenue forecasts.
Principle Responsibilities and Functions
• Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams
• Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
• Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the team to drive growth for the business segment.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Needs to be able to interact positively with all cross functional development team members and contribute to a positive work environment
• Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, Operations, and Manufacturing.
• Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
• Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation technique. Ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences.
• Analytical skills, especially the ability to identify criteria for trade-off decisions and generate alternative solutions.
• Demonstrates understanding of company’s external customer needs and how they affect business unit products and services. Can build and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
• Self-motivated, a driving force of execution in his/her current or past organizations
• Adaptability. Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a complex, matrixed environment
• Understanding of genomics, sequencing, molecular biology products, some life sciences at a minimum.
Education / Certification
• Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) business or life sciences.
• MBA or equivalent
• 1-3 years relevant experience, including experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical marketing, product management, market research, or strategy consulting
• Experience in regulated markets preferred
• Demonstrated track record of successful customer interactions
• Proven ability to identify new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives, develop strong working relationships
• Experience developing and presenting product marketing materials required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Product Manager- Life Sciences