Our client is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our team in Toronto. As part of the Canada Product Management team, you will work with local business teams, Canadian customers and the global product organization in order to identify needs, risks and opportunities, and bring the best possible experiences to Canadian buyers and sellers.
You will partner with global product teams to solve for and absorb any Canadian complexities associated with their projects. You will prepare business cases, customer stories, and/or functional requirements as necessary in pursuit of internal product investment and prioritization. From time to time, you may also work with outside developers and suppliers to solve for customer needs with experiences adjacent to the main platform. You will use data to monitor product health for anomalies and ensure any major sites issues are reported and resolved.
This is an 18 month maternity cover contract role, but historically people in this role advanced on to other opportunities within the company.
What you need to succeed:
• Highly consultative and collaborative, you prefer working with others and embrace different points of view in problem solving and application or interface design.
• You are fanatical about building great customer experiences, but also mature and experienced enough to operate effectively in a large, matrixed organization.
• Intellectually curious and creative, you are inventive, but also disciplined and rigorous in your approach to product management.
• Significant experience (5+ years) working in Internet or eCommerce Product Management with a track record of learning, achievement and success
• Strong grounding in both web usability and technology
• University degree