START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6 MONTHS
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT MANAGER! **
Leading the development of new products and product related marketing opportunities within a category. Develops strategic assessments for products, and manages the product performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve financial and business objectives.
- Leads development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept through implementation strategies, for new and existing products, including nomenclature and packaging.
- Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. May work with cross-functional partners to ensure the best available costs, terms and quality.
- Develops strategic assessments, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, for products and programs. Identifies and quantifies specific product drivers in support of marketing calendar strategies.
- Initiates or suggests analysis of financial performance to influence strategic plans.
- Conducts and analyzes consumer research to determine new marketing and product opportunities and to validate new products and programs.
- Monitors the domestic and global marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
- Identities innovation ideas. Evaluates via testing and analyses results. Recommends go-forward plan, fleshing ideas out into full-blown concepts
- Progressive experience in product or brand management, and financial understanding of a packaged goods environment
- Leading or assisting in development of product concepts, from conception through implementation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Nielsen/IRI a plus