Our global client is looking for a dynamic Product Manager for their Latin American market. Responsibilities include managing the assigned product lines as well as planning and directing the company’s short and long-range product marketing programs, including pricing and product line introductions/discontinuations. This individual will coordinate and work closely with all headquarters departments, including Sales, Channel Marketing, Communications, Materials, Forecasting, Operations, Engineering, Accounting, Legal and Traffic. This is a long-term contract position.
1. Develop annual and long-term marketing plans for assigned product lines. Incorporate research, sales, promotional efforts, sales forecast, projected market penetration, and budget estimates required to meet current and projected market objectives.
2. Manage pricing, terms of sale and discounts recognizing objectives and competition.
3. Estimates demand projections to guide the preparation of forecasts.
4. Coordinates with Operations securing product supply at the lowest cost at required quality standards.
5. Develop plans for introducing and discontinuing products according to group’s objectives.
6. Determine and recommend new product methods of distribution and global sourcing.
7. Develop a personal market expertise including a complete intelligence file on competitors’ products, pricing, field activity, customer service, and end user preferences.
8. Maintain awareness of legislation, trade group agreements, federal, state, and local codes, etc. that may affect marketing of products and recommend the necessary action.
9. Approve the manufacture and establish prices for modified products as requested by field.
10. Review and approve engineering change requests to products.
11. Provide Product Engineering with market preference and trends on products considered for development or redesign.
12. Provide Materials operations with information on specific changes in product demand so production and inventory levels can be adjusted accordingly.
13. Ensure the preparation and distribution of product bulletins, installation instructions, technical publications, general literature and promotional material.
14. Coordinate the interpretation of plumbing codes and distribution of information to the field.
15. Seek legal advice from corporate counsel to ensure propriety of pricing mechanism, trademarks, product labeling, policies and contractual agreements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business. MBA/MS preferred
EXPERIENCE: 4-6 Years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Channel Management, and/or Product Development with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results. Ideal candidates will have strong brand experience.
SKILLS: Strong analytical skills, strong spreadsheet knowledge, strong written and verbal communication skills. Previous supervisory or coaching experience preferred.
Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese fluency is advantageous.