AQUENT is assisting a major Fortune 500 beverage/food/restaurant company in their search for a Product Manager! This is an exciting FT Freelance opportunity for a self-starter with retail/consumer goods experience.
- Lead the development of new products and product related marketing opportunities within a category.
- Develops strategic assessments for products, and manages the product performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve financial and business objectives.
- This partner will lead the new product pipeline and innovation strategy for one of our brand partnerships. A typical day will include leading a group of cross-functionals towards a common goal/strategy and leading the conversation and strategy with category insights derived through data analysis. This partner will also manage product performance of existing food categories and lead development of new programs and platforms that cross category and marketing swim lanes.
- 5-7 years experience in progressive product or brand management (MBA preferred)
- Ability to jump right into reporting and analytics
- Leadership skills; Courage & Innovation
- Self-starter mentality
- Comfort with change and ambiguity
- Balance of quantitative and qualitative experience
- Ability to understand motivations across business units (operations, supply chain etc.)
- Self-starters, who enjoy being a part of something bigger. We need people who can think outside the box, but who are OK not having a lot of autonomy. The role will not be micro-managed, but decision making lies at least 3 levels above hiring manager in this organization)
- Thinks strategically, and isn’t afraid to respectfully ask why
- Needs be comfortable/thrive in ambiguity with a proven track record of optimizing processes to help bring order out of chaos.
- Understand primary levels of a retail business, and have a solid understanding of a basic P&L.
If this sounds like you, Apply Today!