INSIGHTS AND CLAIMS RESEARCH
The person in this contracted position will assist the New Product Introduction and Product Management teams with insights, substantiation of claims, and with development of internal communications related to forthcoming products and technologies.
Candidate would sit in Houston - onsite in North Houston.
40 hours a week, long term contract.
Excellent writing skills, documentation must be comprehensive, clean and organized. Writing experience.
- Seek insights, including research-backed facts and statistics, which will be used to influence internal decisions through insight-driven innovation, as well as set a fact-based background for communicating solutions to the public
- Insights may be derived from web searches, syndicated research, internal primary research, public articles, and other sources. Insights are not all technology driven, but may include deeper understanding of work trends, user habits, technology preferences, corporate IT priorities, and more.
- Contractor will provide a sources for each insight and prepare reports to be reviewed by product and launch managers, as well as by our legal department, and to be published to the public in some instances.
- Investigate and provide substantiation for product claims).
- Work with product managers and engineers to understand and develop potential claims and the disclaimer under which the claim may be substantiated and then by performing competitive web research and occasional exploration of competitive products and light technical testing of competitive offerings.
- Substantiation may include developing a comprehensive list of competitive offerings on a particular feature. After gathering information, contractor may also suggest potential alternations to the claim, or develop disclaimers under which the claim may be substantiated as true.
- Contractor will provide thorough documentation and sources of substantiation for each claim and prepare a brief to be reviewed by product and launch managers.
- Contractor may also have the opportunity to develop short, internal communications, such as emails, regarding relevant insights, claims, and forthcoming technical solutions.
- Strong self-drive with problem solving mindset and strong sense of curiosity. Willing to jump in and think of creative ways to uncover insights, substantiate claims, or modify disclaimers with minimal supervision.
- Thorough and detail-oriented – able to complete well-organized reports suitable for one-time complete review with product managers, launch mangers, and legal
- Must have familiarity with fundamental PC technology and trends, as well as Microsoft Office and web search tools
- Responsible for providing market/customer research and developing intelligence for new market opportunities, as well as existing markets served. Activities include market research, market insights, business insights, customer insights and competitive intelligence. Drive the development of key insights for external and internal factors, including competition, evolving customer needs and changes in technology through primary and secondary research.
- This position is accountable for providing timely, high-quality strategic customer, competitor and market intelligence to support decision making and legal review. Role focuses on uncovering key product insights and substantiation of claims thorough deep competitor analysis, which may include direct investigation and analysis of competitor products.
- Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems/projects of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- BA or BS in Marketing or technical field - 1-3 years experience. Working knowledge in the field of market research and personal computer technology.