Top Consumer Goods client is seeking a Product Development Specialist for Soft Lines! This is a 4 month contract with full benefits. The contract has potential to extend if it's a good fit!
• Partner with Category Managers and collaborate with licensees to drive best practices and to ensure product innovation, brand consistency and quality compliance.
• Manage the product development approval process from conceptual designs to post-production
• Work with licensees to develop product in line with the latest style guides and product development calendar, ensuring key milestones are achieved, tracking and communicating key information on a timely basis
• Proactively manages the product and packaging approval processes using the Licensing Approvals System.
• Educates licensees and maintain understanding of all necessary tools such as LAS, HCSP, Product and Packaging Style Guides and Approvals, ensuring all relevant materials such as assets, merchant/licensing style guides, marketing decks, and sales pitches are provided.
• Set up and maintain an archive of all approved artwork, samples and production for all product and packaging developed
• Participation in cross functional team leadership areas including: partnership building, brand management, legal compliance, competitive research, travel & attend yearly Trade Shows/Sales & Marketing meetings.
• Undertake research projects on an as needed basis, to maintain an up to date knowledge of competitive landscape, product, price and retail trends for the market via comp shops, publications and on-line research etc.
• Play an active part in the wider creative community – work and build relationships
• Act as a “brand ambassador”
• Previous experience of working with an entertainment brand, or within a category industry would be beneficial
• Experience in Licensing is highly desired
• Experience in Product Development/Approvals
• Highly organized self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Must have an eye for detail and a desire for consistency
• Excellent time management skills
• Able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
• Confident in collating presentation material together and using relevant software such as PowerPoint
• Clear, concise written and oral communication essential
• Comfortable working alone and as part of a wider team
• Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally