A Fortune 500 in SF is searching for a Product Development Manager for their Women's Knits & Sweaters team!!
TITLE: Product Development Associate Manager (Women’s Knits and Sweaters)
DURATION: 5 months+
LOCATION: San Francisco (on-site with Client)
• Technical knowledge of knits and sweaters
• Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line
• Create and maintain boms
• Maintain an understanding of how certain raw materials perform when in garment form and offer input and recommendations based on VoC, vendor innovation, quality improvements, and competition
• Timely coordinate of good/better/best during sketch review, ensuring strategy is adhered to
• Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and division goals.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Attend fittings and provide input and feedback to the team regarding changes made that affect AUC
• provide cost analysis reports for each step of the development process; advise paths to AUC target
• 3-5 years of experience
• Expertise in Excel
• Must have experience with PLM and ACT
• Ideally has expertise in Knits and Sweaters