Aquent is currently assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for an experienced Product Development Manager for a 5 month assignment in SeaTac, WA. The Product Manager will deliver a new mobile point of sale payment system in 2018. This individual contributor role manages small to medium sized product development initiatives for our client and its subsidiaries. This role is highly autonomous and makes business decisions using professional judgment.
- Leads medium-sized, cross-divisional stakeholder meetings and drives agendas for a common solution.
- Develops and drives product roadmaps for moderately complex products.
- Creates a release cycle that regularly delivers product enhancements.
- Writes detailed requirements for small to medium projects.
- Creates supporting documentation including flow charts and use cases.
- Works with software development engineers in the design and development of solutions.
- Serves as project manager on small to medium initiatives where no project manager is assigned.
- Ensures appropriate development is coordinated with other business lines.
- Coordinates new and changed functionality with affected training departments.
- Interacts with external vendors in design and delivery of software and hardware products.
- Actively participates in the vendor selection process and manages the vendor relationships.
- Obtains buy-off from stakeholders and product managers for proposed solution.
- Develops and reports on key product development metrics and builds ability to track and measure into offerings.
- Identifies measurable metrics to determine project success.
- Conducts post-implementation audits to validate project metrics.
- Drives and sponsors new product development.
- Develops UI changes for new and existing systems.
- Provides mentorship to supporting team members.
- Enforces scope as determined by business case.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 4 years of product management, program management, or product ownership
- Proficiency with project and product management methodology.
- Proficiency with software development methodology, including AGILE methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with diverse audiences, including both technical and non-technical customers, colleagues, and executives.
- Ability to facilitate user group meetings with stakeholders and drive agenda for a common solution.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management cross-divisionally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with increased complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in a related discipline.
- Experience managing vendor contracts relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to run usability studies.