Our client is looking to add a Product Development Manager to their team! This position differs from other company positions in that someone in this role will be directly responsible for the strategic global product management direction and licensing of all of our client's product lines.
Our ideal candidate is intelligent, resourceful, dynamic and thoughtful; a skilled individual who can jump in, roll up their sleeves and make an immediate contribution to the team and the company’s mission. People within their organization have high productive capacities, are highly engaged in their work and are passionate about driving team and company outcomes to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the development and execution of consumer research to guide product development, sales and marketing
- Identify consumer insights and develop product positioning for all existing and new product lines
- Manage all practical aspects of new product delivery as well as identifying any gaps in the current product lines and coming up with strategic recommendations to fill those gaps
- Manage each product’s lifecycle and determine which products can be repurposed and which products need to be refreshed
- Manage development of new products with internal product team (content, IT, etc.) – from concept, planning, to execution. Responsible for project timeline and final deliverables.
- Identify strategic partners for exclusive partnerships and research new product categories to create incremental revenue for the company
- Manage licensing with outside entities for rights of the product line and negotiate the terms of licensing agreements
- Work in unison with all people and departments from marketing, sales, public relations, and upper management for the purpose of planning and implementing product communication strategies
- Manage essential resources for project completion and select the most suitable members of the team to work on a program based on skills, experience and workload
- Ensure that products are completed and launched on time according to the schedules and budgets set forth
- Project and forecast available time, budget, and resources for each project, and accurately monitor progress against critical dates and outcomes
Our client is a company that takes initiative and intelligently adds value to all projects and outcomes and need someone who can multi-task and use their high level of experience to manage all steps of developing, managing and launching new products from the planning stage to allocating and managing resources, managing schedules and milestones, and staying within an allocated budget.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Is able to define brand strategy through creative and resourceful methods
- Can maintain the message and integrity of the brand
- Can successfully identify the skills and resources needed to deliver organizational outcomes
- Will be responsible for conducting regular meetings with the team, present progress reports, and analyze the results of completed projects
- Is highly organized, works calmly under pressure and is able to carefully plan and prioritize time and resources across the team
- Is able to multi-task and prioritize many different outcomes simultaneously
- Has experience managing projects and driving them to completion (PMP Project Manager Certification preferred)
- Is very attentive to details, self-motivated and is someone who can be counted on to manage various responsibilities and communicate effectively between teams, roles and responsibilities
- Degree in Business with an emphasis in Product Development
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience or in a related field
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and is able to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to travel (15%)
- Basic print production knowledge
- Ability to write RFP and specification documents
- Working knowledge of and competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must live in the San Diego, CA area, or be able to rapidly relocate.