About This Client and Role:
Fun facts about our great Fortune 500 client:
• Started as an Express Mail company in 1850
• In addition to financial services, this company also is involved in travel & leisure, publishing, small business
• Named 62nd Best Company to work for (2008)
Here is the exciting part. Our innovative and inspiring Fortune 500 financial service client is looking for a contract/freelance Product Development Manager to join their team. This role is onsite in NYC, 5 days/40 hours a week for 6 months (possibly longer).
The Global FX International Payments Product Team is responsible for the design, development, deployment and management of all products and services on their Platforms and with 3rd party partners.
This role will focus on product development activities, which include new capabilities that will drive automation of current manual controls and operational processes, straight through processing of customer transactions and developing significant improvements to customer and back office user experiences throughout the customer on-boarding lifecycle. All programs are global and inherently complex requiring the candidate to work within a matrix organization to deliver on goals. You will interact with a broad cross-functional team that will include Risk, Compliance, Legal and Technology to create innovative solutions.
• “End-to-end” ownership of product feature development ranging from “Idea Conception” to taking products live in the market
• Lead engagement with cross functional teams to gain feedback and approval of new constructs
• Actively lead new product development activities including research to identify needs and define product value proposition.
• Conduct vendor research to identify partnership to drive product development, lead cross-functional program team to deliver the program while supporting product UI and UX construct
• Define business and functional requirements; engage with Technology teams as a Product SME to drive development
• Contribute to the strategic development, ongoing refinement & execution of the product roadmap
• 3+ years product development/management experience preferred
• Strategic thinker with the ability to take ideas from a blank sheet of paper through to execution with the ability and synthesize large amounts of information to inform decisions and drive progress.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, capable of influencing all levels of the organization and across business units.
• A self-starter with a high level of personal accountability.
• Exceptional relationship building, influencing and communication skills and experience working in the agile development methodology is a plus with a strong global mindset
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing deliverables simultaneously
• Ability to seek and recognize time to market improvements or innovative concepts for business growth which can be shared across the wider organization.
• Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills, solid analytical skills, and Project Management skills
• A successful candidate will be passionate about product innovation and new product development. In addition the candidate will be able to work very effectively with a large cross functional team to drive the product from a vision state to broad commercial availability in the market.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
About This Client and Role: