- Looking for product development experience
- Plastics experience
- Knowledge of injection molding processes- high volume manufacturing
- Project Management scheduling
- Engineering troubleshooting, debugging product
- Works on a cross functional team- interact with multiple levels across several teams
- Reporting into a Sr. Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Background
- Plastics/ Injection Molding
- Project Management Skills
- Manage and facilitate the complete lifecycle and development process of assigned products- ensuring completion of all product related activities, deliverables and documentation by the cross functional team.
- Ensure products meet cost, schedule, performance, and safety and product integrity goals at each milestone and that each product is ready and turned-over to the manufacturing source when required.
- Understand how changes in the schedule affect availability and what potential options exist to avoid delays.
- Drive resolution of open issues that may impact milestone realization or lifecycle advancement.
- Support the team with early guidance of concept feasibility and general product manufacturing and assembly recommendations.
- Keep up to date on current manufacturing capabilities and limitations of vendors and plants.
- Provide engineering direction and technical support to a cross-functional product development team.
- Estimate costs for early design concepts in order to facilitate cost/feature balance decisions.
- Drive cost reduction efforts as required.
- Responsible for initial bill of materials, preliminary tool plan, ensuring proper documentation, and issuing change orders to advance lifecycle phase of product and dependent items.
- Oversee construction of control drawings, exploded views and product CAD files created by Mechanical Design or outside vendor
- Present applicable new technologies to team.
- Create and present innovative concepts for consideration that are cost effective and manufacturable.
Analytical abilities and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You can think critically to make clear, well-reasoned and rational decisions.
• Communication skills to communicate clearly, concisely, and with impact using the right communication formats and methods. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders.
• Accountability and take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results.
• Proactive self-starter with a strong problem solving ability and creative mindset.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities and efficiently use time to complete assigned tasks.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work within cross functional global team.
• 1-3+ years related experience
• High-volume consumer product experience is preferred.
• Ability to direct product design for the most cost-effective manufacturing processes.
• Working knowledge of the production environment including mold build, molding, decoration, assembly and pack-out.
A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or related field (or equivalent)