Aquent's client is seeking a Product Design Developer for a direct hire opportunity in Eugene, Oregon.
• Translate product requirements into specification data and vector-based graphics
• Convert product conceptual ideas into executable cross-functional project plans
• Provide project management by leading all phases of the product development process to ensure that products are proven to meet customer needs and performance targets, completed on time, are manufacturable, and achieve cost objectives
• Manage product sampling and prototyping across the global geography
• Assure product performance integrity through fit and field testing
• Analyze and recommend materials to meet key features and product performance goals
• Take the lead on Research and Development of new fabrics/construction techniques to support company initiatives of R&D and design team for assigned categories
• Negotiate costs with vendors to ensure margin requirements are met.
• Partner closely with sourcing and production teams to achieve successful product integration into the commercial portfolio
• Train staff on product features and benefits
• Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, Textile Design, Graphic Design or Apparel/Fashion Design. Equivalent experience and/or a combination of education and experience required
• Minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in product development – preferably in headwear or apparel
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to present information to all levels of the organization
• Must work well in a team environment
• Project management and leadership
• Must be deadline driven and detail oriented.
• Proactive with a bias toward decision and action
• Excellent communication and follow through skills.
• Headwear /apparel construction, fabrics and decoration techniques
• Experience working with overseas suppliers
• Computer literate in business and vector based graphic applications is a must have