Job Category: Mobile Engineering
Job Title: Product Designer
You will be part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for this company’s billion users. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the product.
We are looking for Product Designers who are considered senior within teams. You will have experience contributing as a leader in some capacity whether in your direct team or throughout the design process. You may be a Design Lead for your product area, with explicit accountabilities for the design quality of a team.
As a Product Designer you will have experience in:
- Owning an entire product space or working on projects that encompass multiple features that have been broad/ambiguous in scope.
- Given a high-level problem, you have delivered concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision.
- You can demonstrate solid leadership skills
- You have strong partnerships with product managers and engineers, likely providing product direction and exerting significant influence in defining goals for your product area
- Your skill level across product thinking, interaction design, and execution & craft is generally solid across the board, with one or more areas being areas of particular strength.
- You have a good grasp of the medium you are designing for, and you make effective use of prototyping tools.
- You may be designing new patterns or introducing new standards in your work that later become adopted by others.
- You succinctly and effectively communicate your work and may be called upon to represent your product team to executive leadership or in design forums.
- You have actively mentored junior designers or interns, or have participated in design-team-wide initiatives (examples include: interviewing, recruiting, mentoring workshops, design standards, improving design tools, etc.)
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Interaction design, visual design & product design
- Working with the Product Manager to define and design the product experience
- Working with engineers to ensure a high quality deliverable
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions)
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Category: Mobile Engineering