The XAML developer will define and deliver new rich application functionality to support multiple XAML based applications. The XAML developer will work closely with all disciplines of the game product teams to develop front end production ready XAML code, while leveraging existing styles and coding patterns, such as MVVM, with a continued determination for extending the current XAML framework. The XAML developer will have a good understanding of layout and general design, as you will be expected to provide a level of “fit and finish” design to the user interface.
• Knowledge of C# but not required to code in C#
• Working knowledge of MVVM
• User experience design principles
• Able to effectively work with multi-discipline team
• Demonstrable skill creating WPF/Silverlight/metro XAML user interfaces, including deep knowledge of control templates, resource dictionaries and data binding.
• Proficiency working with graphic tools to create Vectors, PNGs from designs
• Knowledge and ability to use version control systems
• Working knowledge of C# (candidate is not expected to develop c# code but understand how C# code interfaces with XAML)
• Ability to work with Visual Studio 2010 as well as Expression Blend to maintain XAML files
• Candidate should have a passion for producing great work
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to self-direct work efforts, meet deadlines, and produce consistent high-quality work..
• Working knowledge of unit and functional testing methodologies.
Typical project deliverables:
• Produce High Quality Production-Ready front end XAML code working closely with a C# developer
• Analysis of the current XAML codebase with an eye to recommendations
• Producing XAML Code to the specification of a Visual Designer
• Produce XAML code to improve look and feel of the application
• High quality production ready front end XAML code
• Bug fixing as well as providing “fit & finish” to the current front end XAML UI
Additional Skills: 5 plus years work related experience required. Minimum of 2 years experience in a lead role. Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design required. Strong creative skills and ability to generate design ideas required. Advanced experience in creating and implementing usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams is required. Advanced knowledge of web technologies (i.e. HTML and CSS). Fluency with standard design software tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) required. Advanced interaction design and web technology skills (i.e. Flash) may be required. Strong knowledge or experience with database served websites. Experience working with rich client or web applications preferred. Must have the ability to understand and integrate customer needs and motivations into specific areas of product design to contribute to user features and functionality. Must be familiar with industry standards and trends. Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team required. Must have ability to own and drive projects. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs