As a Product Designer on our client's Navigation experience team you will be responsible for helping to optimize the navigation experience for safe and simple for use specifically when driving. Through your work you will help increase availability of navigation globally through building in-app navigation experiences for iOS and Android. Integrate the in-app navigation UI with the experience.
What You’ll Do
- Help us continue to build best of breed navigational experiences specifically designed for the ride-sharing space
- Lead Design sprints with engineers, product managers and researchers
- Work alongside engineering to ensure pixel perfect final deliverables and handoff
- Act as the advocate for the 2.5+ million drivers, ensuring we stay user-centric
What You’ll Need
- Experience working on maps, navigation and mobile design
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs, over and over: Your portfolio has some premier work. You're knowledgeable of microinteractions in use (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better.
- You've shipped product: You've weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what's most likely to go afoul at each stage. You can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You meaningfully contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how': You're a product manager's secret weapon. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates.
- You can think and talk about the bottom line: Analytics don't scare you, and you know which features can act as multipliers on your company's business model.
- Prototyping is a key part of your toolset: You've prototyped on multiple platforms. You've made last-minute tweaks between user studies. You know how to be speedy and resourceful, but dream of better prototyping tools.
- Cross-platform is your style: Hopefully you've shipped something across several platforms. You know what translates from desktop and what doesn't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
- Solid understanding of motion design
- Minimum of 5 years experience