My client - a pioneer in the DIY home security space - is looking to add a Product Designer to their team.
In this 6-month assignment, you'll be working alongside Developers, Product Managers, and other Creatives to continually define + build features in the ever-evolving product life-cycle. At a high-level, this role requires you to not only put yourself in the shoes of the consumer using the application, but also how that application fits into a suite of tangible products used inside the home or office (not to mention newer products integrating with older models). Day-to-day you'll be designing native app navigation + home screen UX and UI, in addition to building a UI style guide for both native and web applications.
What it is they're looking to see:
- 5+ years product design experience preferably within the consumer electronics space.
- Note: Consumer-facing native + web application experience a MUST.
- Strong portfolio that marries creativity with functional design.
- Good-natured people who are crazy-talented. (Read: Egos need not apply.)
- An inclination for "hands-on"; this role encompasses UX wireframes and UI designs, in addition to driving research.
Please include a link to your online portfolio in order to be considered.