Aquent is seeking a UX/UI Designer for a 2 month contract.
- Designs user interfaces for web, software, and/or hardware products.
- Writes functionality design specifications.
- Design and implement prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams.
- Generates design ideas; presents and sells designs to product group.
- Understands customer needs and motivations and integrates them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Acts as consultant to other team leads and may manage external production and design resources.
- 5+ years work related experience required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a lead role
- Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design required.
- Strong creative skills and ability to generate design ideas required.
- Advanced experience in creating and implementing usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams is required.
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies (i.e. HTML and CSS).
- Fluency with standard design software tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) required.
- Advanced interaction design and web technology skills may be required.
- Strong knowledge or experience with database served websites.
- Experience working with rich client or web applications preferred.
- Must have the ability to understand and integrate customer needs and motivations into specific areas of product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Must be familiar with industry standards and trends.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Must have ability to own and drive projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.