Product Design – Merchant Services Product, Data Strategy
Our client’s Merchant Services team is embarking on a major business modernization program for industry leading user experience. A major deliverable in that program is a new Data Lake that will reside in the firm's Big Data infrastructure.
This role is to drive detailed Product Design of the Data Lake, break out high level epics into stories that can be picked up by Technology and other partners for delivery. Product Design needs to ensure that the Data Lake supports best in class client experience, leveraging the firm’s investment and capabilities, with a focus on online access to data, reporting and analytics.
Use cases for the Data Lake are both for internal analysis and reporting as well as external client consumption.
The Product Designer will be responsible for writing out the user stories that feed the program backlog. The stories will capture and represent the user experience, as well as other requirements that need to be met, such as regulatory and internal controls. This will be done in close cooperation with senior Product leads, user groups and other stakeholders.
There are significant milestones that need to be achieved in a short span of time for the Data Lake. Success of the program rests heavily on clarity of the user perspective and clear articulation of the underlying business drivers. The ability to translate multiple, and sometimes conflicting, requirements and objectives into crisp stories is needed to ensure a successful outcome.
The business modernization program is run from the ground up in an agile mode. That means that at the core, well-formed user stories are what delivers success.
The Product Designer will:
• Deliver those stories, working closely with a broad set of stakeholders.
• Ensure that delivery teams, mostly technology, have a good understanding of the stories, can size and deliver on them.
• Influence the overall prioritization of the Data Lake backlog.
• Act as the proxy Product Owner for the stories delivered.
Skills and qualifications:
• Experience in effective story writing in an agile delivery model.
• Passion for data and the convergence of technology and business value through Big Data.
• Experience interacting with a variety of user groups, with proven ability to positively influence people at a variety of levels.
• Experience in presenting to delivery teams, focusing on key messages and clear delivery
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills, positive self-starter with proactive approach and excellent time mgt and prioritization skills
• Proficient technical skills, including understanding of data management technologies.